My birthday was in July and I received lots of lovely gifts thanks to my amazing friends and family. One of the gifts I was given from lovely Sister-in- Law was a 3 month subscription to Birch Box. Having completed my 3 months of receiving this I wanted to review it.
I personally really like the idea of subscription boxes. In my opinion they give you an opportunity to try lots of different products at an affordable monthly rate. There are a variety of subscription boxes out there ranging from make-up, skincare, tea/coffee to stationery. But do they make good gifts?
Reasons to Gift a Subscription Box?
- Good for someone who likes to experiment.
- Can be a good idea for people who are difficult to buy for.
- Excellent last minute gift
- Paperless gift, so no need to wrap.
- Fun and exciting.
Why Buy a Birch Box Subscription Gift?
- I loved my Birch Box Gift Subscription because I like make-up and skin care, and I like trying new products; the person who bought me the box knew this, so for me, it was a genuinely great present.
- I also like the idea of a low cost monthly subscription. I can easily spend £10.00 on a lipstick or mascara so to have a few make up and skin care products land on my doorstep every month can be cost effective. HOWEVER, this is only cost effective if you don’t mind getting any products. You cant choose the products you will receive so it will be a mixture of make up and skin care. So if you’re buying this as a gift or a treat for yourself, bear that in mind.
- I think the imaginatively designed boxes that come through the door are cute and can be re-used for a variety of things.
- The products you get are high end and high street and give you an opportunity to try something that you may not have necessarily bought or could not afford to buy.
- It’s exciting having something fun and interesting land on my doorstep other than bills and junk mail. I really look forward to getting my Birch Box every month and it feels like an extended gift as I still feel special 3 months after my Birthday. Makes me feel all warm and glow inside.
Why NOT to Buy a Birch Box Gift Subscription
- Not all products are full sizes. Some products are samples. I personally don’t mind this, but some people can be put off.
- Probably not the best present for someone who doesn’t like make up and skin care. (Do these people exist)?
- You can’t choose what products you will receive. This may put people off, but I don’t mind this. It’s like lucky dip through the letter box.
Honestly I found very little wrong with receiving this as a gift. I loved it. There are so many people who would love to receive this.
Who Can you Gift this to?
- A new Mum – Love to get this and have a pamper session.
- Teenagers – they are at the stage where they are experimenting with make-up and skin care.
- Sisters and Besties – I bet you can think of a few who this would be ideal for.
It’s also coming up to Christmas soon (Is it too early to say that)? And these would make fantastic presents. You can also buy these online at the last minute and print out a gift voucher. The ideal last minute gift if you’ve forgotten someone.
You can buy BirchBox Gift subscriptions here. Also check for any discount codes/special offers online before you buy. Might save you a little bit of money.
If you want more information on how to save money whilst shopping for gifts, check out my comprehensive post on this here.
What do you think? Would you like to receive this as a gift? Would you gift this to someone? Do you think this works as a last minute Christmas gift? I would love to know your thought, so please leave a comment her or on my social media pages.
Until next time, Gift Goonie is signing out. X